Thanks to Jean-Etienne, here are the detailed instructions:
I found Pwytter via an article from Linux.com and found it very interesting to try. I’m trying to install source of version 0.8 on a Linux Fedora 11. Here is how to install it on Fedora 11 from the command line:
- Download Pwytter, unzip it, enter directory pwytter-0.8
- Install ImageTK: as root, type “yum install python-imaging-tk”
- Install simplejson: as root, type “yum install python-simplejson”
- (optional) launch: python setup.py build
- launch: python setup.py install
- Complete the installation by copying some files (4 lines below, type as root too):
cp pwCache.py /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pwytter-0.8-py2.6.egg
cp pwCache.pyc /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pwytter-0.8-py2.6.egg
cp -r media/ /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pwytter-0.8-py2.6.egg
cp -r theme/ /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pwytter-0.8-py2.6.egg
Now you can launch pwytter from any user!
Hope this helps.